Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Oh Canada

Hey Everybody, it's been a while since I last wrote and since then I have put a few thousand miles on my truck.  I left last Tuesday headed towards Canada.  Along the way I stopped to see some friends in Virginia and New York.  Wednesday we picked up teammate Curtis Keene in Newark NJ.  He was fresh back to the states from the first World Cup in Slovenia.  Thursday we picked up "The Kid" teammate Andy Becker in Albany NY.  Friday morning we were up early and on our way to Canada.  The border crossing was fun as always, we got held for awhile because of the kid.  Apparently if you are a 15 year old from California trying to cross into French Canada with a bunch of people that don't share a common last name it throws up a few red flags, who knew?  Anyways we were finally to Bromont, where we realized that there was a practice going on that was not on the schedule.  We grabbed the bikes and started to ride one of the most fun tracks of all time.  This track will be used at the World Cup race later in the year.  This race was a Canada Cup, which is their national series.  Saturday practice was 9 am to 5 pm which has to be the best practice schedule ever, so many runs.  Sunday we raced and it was super fun.  I got pretty sick while in Canada and didn't have the best race but it was great time on the bike and my bike finally feels like "my bike".  Curtis took 4th and good friend Geritt took the win, he was pinned all week and I was excited to see him on top.  I am looking forward to the US open this coming weekend in New Jersey.  Currently we are in Washington DC checking out the sites and waiting for the rest of the team to arrive for a photo shoot.  TEAM AMERICA!!!!!!! ____ yeah!

No comments:

the long drive cross country

the long drive cross country
somwhere in Utah